Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just to think about...

There are 83 million people in the United States who are 19 years old or younger.

Christians teens are being evangelized by the world instead of evangelizing their world.

Biblical evangelism is being replaced, redefined and marginalized.

77% of those who trust in Christ as their Savior do so by the age of 21.

70% to 88% of Christian teens are leaving the church by their second year in college.

*data from Dare2Share and Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham Jr.

When I look at these statistics, a sense of overwhelming responsibility comes over me. My children are still young...7, 4, and 22 months, but not too young to start teaching them how to walk with God. My number one priority for raising my boys is that they grow up to have a personal relationship with Jesus. If they have worldly success, but do not have Jesus...then not only have they failed...but I have too! I'm already training my boys to realize what this world will try to offer them. I personally know how our culture today tries to take each and every part of a person's life. The more it can take...the less it leaves for Christ. We as parents have to be intentional in how we train and disciple our children. The devil is certainly intentional on how he tries to capture our children's hearts, souls and minds. This leads me to a verse that really expresses my heart...

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

I love to read! I wish I had more time to devote to it. Currently I am reading a book called Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham Jr.. This author was one of the speakers at last year's homeschool convention. He is an amazing speaker and author. This book is Biblically based and an amazing read for families who want to further their walks with God. I can hardly put it down.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Very interesting! Andrea...you are such a great writer...I hope you expand it a bit in the future. I know you have stacks of stuff you are hiding...from all of us...your heartstrings...with pen...on paper!! Time to get it out...okay? You and Jeremy are two very talented people...your writings and his drawings are amazing to me!

Verla said...

Okay this chapter 2 of one of your books. Good job there gal