Thursday, December 4, 2008

What if...

Do you ever wonder about those who don't know Christ? Sometimes that thought completely amazes me. I can hardly imagine not knowing Christ in my life. I wonder how do those people cope with life...?! My faith has brought me through some of the worst of times, and on the flip side...the best of times. I would be so lost without Him, and life would seem hopeless.

Lately, I've been overwhelmed and burdened for those who do not have a personal relationship with Christ. I've almost been in a "panic" mode for them. Sometimes I just feel I need to call them up or show up on their door step, and share the good news of Jesus Christ. I want them to know what true love is....what hope is....what grace and mercy really mean. There were so many years that even I did not know the capacity of Jesus Christ's love for me.

I wonder what it was like to be on the cross, and to feel the weight of the world's sins upon Him. Feeling the weight of my own sins completely overwhelms me. How could He physically, mentally and emotionally handle that much suffering and agony? I know I cannot grasp the actual feelings or emotions that Jesus felt that day, but I still wonder?

Sometimes I find myself almost in tears for the lost and the unsaved. A sense of full responsibility comes over me for their souls. I earnestly pray for them. When I'm going to the bank, the post office, the grocery store line, or just everyday events...I wonder....do they know the love of Jesus? In the frenzy of everyday life, sometimes I do miss the opportunity to share the gospel. I admit...it can be more convenient at the time to do so.

I am challenging myself to work on never missing an opportunity to share the perfect love of Jesus. What if...what if I'm the only one who will share it with them? If I don't, will I be held accountable? These are all questions that I have surrounding me each day.

I am reminded of a verse from Matthew 9:36.

"When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd."

4 comments:

Verla said...

Andrea,
You need to save these writings and make a devotional book out of them. Your writings are ones that make a person think and that is what I like. I am sure that you have touched others besides myself with them.
Keep up the good work.

Andrea said...

Thank you so much Verla! I really appreciate all your comments on my blogs. Sometimes I wonder if I should write what I do. I have previously deleted blogs, because I wonder if people will get offended. Thank you again for your kindness! May God bless you!

Mandy said...

Andrea, I second Verla. And regarding someone taking an offense--I think that it would better be described as conviction. We are in a day and age where the Good News is so desperately needed and yet so steadily stuffed out of the public realm. Share what the Holy Spirit is laying upon your heart! It definately rings true with me. There are so many that I have spoken and shared with recently that carry this same burden--we often talk about it to encourage one another to "keep fighting the good fight"! In the words of Grampa Whitney--keep your lamp trimmed and burning for Jesus Christ!

love to you,
mandy.

Verla said...

If people don't care for what you are saying they will get over it. The most important thing is that you are doing what God wants to give out. That is the MOST important thing to do