Monday, June 30, 2008

Crazy Canning Lady!

Yes...I am describing myself! This past week I've been canning like a crazy lady. I processed about 150+ quarts of fruits and meat this past week. It all started with a great deal on peaches at the auction. We have a local produce auction on Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays. Farmers from all around our area bring all their goods to sell at the auction. The boys love going, especially for the hot dog stand! :) Anyhow, I bought 8 boxes of peaches, 1 box of pears, 2 boxes of onions, and a box of 35 grapefruit! I paid an 1/8 of the cost I would've at the grocery. I had a fun time doing all the canning, even though it was alot of work. I also got a great deal on Italian sausage and chicken this past week...so I tried out my new steam pressure canner! FUN!! :)
When Jeremy came home from work this past Thursday, he said "Oh..a sucker for punishment..huh?"! We both laughed. He's used to the fun and exciting times of canning at our home! I love having the food, especially in the winter season! Anyhow...I'll let you know what I find next!!! :)

No comments: