Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today's the day!

We got up early this morning, and got ready to go vote. Actually...I had not gone to sleep until after 2 a.m.. I just could not get my mind off today's election. We went as a family to vote this morning, and Jeremiah was very excited about going in with us! We have taken the boys with us to vote since they were born. They love going in with us, and seeing all the excitement. Today was no different! The polls were packed, as expected! We voted and got our "I voted today" sticker, and then we walked back outside. I could not help but wonder who was voting for who????!!

I've been volunteering for the Republican National Committee for our local area. Tonight Jeremiah and I are heading back to the headquarters to volunteer. I'm trying to keep my nerves in check. I know God is in control, and that I am His child. I'm sure it will be a long night!

On a lighter note, Elijah saw a elderly gentleman walking out of the polls....and he said in a excited voice "Mom...there's John McCain...yippee...I see John McCain"! I had to get a laugh out of that one!!

We took the boys for an early breakfast, which was interesting to say the least. If you're a parent, I'm sure you can relate to this story. Long story..shorter....
1. Get to the restaurant...Isaiah starts throwing a royal fit.
2. Isaiah continues to throw a royal fit.
3. Jeremy's coffee gets spilled all over the table.
4. Jeremiah and Elijah were arguing over crayons.
5. Elijah's water gets spilled all over the table and all over my skirt.
6. We have onlooker's who didn't enjoy the "show".
7. We choked our food down, and paid quickly.
8. We left a big tip!! Poor waitress!
9. We made a quick escape out the door...hoping we didn't know anyone.
10. We should've paid extra for the "100" napkins we had to use.

After all this, I noticed Elijah had a long size 5 sticker down the back of his new jeans(still attached), and that Isaiah's romper outfit had unbuttoned to look like a dress! Who knows what people thought. We got in the car, and just looked at each other. Jeremy says "well that was fun". I replied "the best breakfast we've ever had"!!! I suppose it's all in the parenting handbook that I never received!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Andrea...Im sorry but I laughed so hard at this one I had tears coming from my eyes. The funniest part of it is picturing Jeremy's reaction because we all know he gets this most frustrated look on his face during these moments and its just FUNNY! Im sure it wasn't so delightful when it happened but thats what its all about,huh? Mimi an Papa don't usually run into those situations when we have the boys...I guess we are special though!haha Actually,the little dude...has given me a run for my mun a couple of times...then I just call his Mama an beg for advice!! You guys are doing a great job with those little guys...it will never be perfect for ANYONE!haha Love you...Mom

Greg & Stephanie said...

Andrea - I laughed my head off when I read this post! The funny thing is, I was sitting in the living room, and everyone else was asleep, so I really couldn't make any noise! I must have been a sight! This makes me feel a lot better about some of our escapades. Bob Evans seems to bring out the devil in my kids. Anyway, thanks for sharing...makes me feel a little more normal!

Mandy said...

HYSTERICAL! We have been there, for sure. And I'm certain that the people sitting around you were all reliving memories of their most recent escapade just like it!! My favorite part of the story was picturing you two back in the car...oh my, I could hear your comments (coming from my own mouth at times) and couldn't help but to laugh my head off!! Whew, thanks for the good laughs and reminding me that it happens to all of us :)

Verla said...

Just think what it would have been like if you had triplets or quads? You would have been calling Mom for help. Just teasing.
Have a good day in the wonderful world of boys.

Cincy RN said...

That was really funny! Sorry I haven't had a lot of time to read your blog lately. The last 6 weeks has been busy.

My favorite part was there is John McCain. That is priceless.