Sunday, November 2, 2008

Election Time

November 4!! 2 days!! Who will win? Who will lose? What will happen to our country? What will our children face in the future? How far will America step away from God? Will the face of marriage change? How many more babies must die? Are some lives more important than others? Is having a better economical status better than preserving our moral values? What would God think? Who will you choose? How will America change because of your vote? Does anybody really care?

We as Christians, representatives of Christ, have one important decision to make on November 4, 2008. I do not take this decision lightly! I feel that the most important thing I need to take with me, into the voting booth, is Jesus! Somehow...many often choose to leave Him out of this process.

Our God is merciful, forgiving, loving, almighty, and Omnipotent. He will continue to take care of His people. Even in uncertain times, as these, God will provide for our needs. As Christians, let's not vote on our next country's leader based on their economical, tax, health care, or war plans. Let's stand up for Christ, and vote for what God's purpose and plan is for America. We as a country have strayed too far away from what is Godly and just! Let's take a stand on November 4, and make the right choice for our country, ourselves, our families, and our loving, and most amazing God.

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing, and perfect will." Romans 12:2

Let us not be swayed by ads, media, or the allure of fame and fortune! Jesus is the only "Famous One". His plan is simple, His promises never broken, His love never corrupt, and His gift is free. Salvation and eternal life to all who believe! On November 4, make your vote for Jesus! He is the one true leader our country needs...we all need!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

AMEN, Sister! I sat here at the computer earlier this morning just consumed by the need to pray. The Holy Spirit surrounded me and filled me with such peace. For truly we know the Final Chapter no matter what else transpires! I just have such a strong desire for us to be on our knees and humble ourselves before Him. And I'm thankful that this election has done just that for so many!!

I thank the Lord for your servant-heart, Andrea. You truly bless me!

Sarah said...

I enjoyed reading this Andrea and I feel you are 100 percent right. Just recently someone asked me, "Aren't you just scared to death about this election" ? To be honest...it sortof shocked me because Im not the least bit afraid! I too feel that God is the One we need to turn to if one does feel fear and that is so very comforting to me. I love and appreciate you so much! Mom

Sarah said...

well said. i am so glad i voted already via absentee for PA