Friday, July 4, 2008

We Are in Cincy!!

The boys and I left this morning around 8 a.m. for Cincinnati!! This is the first time I've made this trip by myself with the kids, and I'm happy to report...we survived! The boys did really well and were excited to get to Mimi and Papa's( so was I)!! I really miss getting to be around my family in Ohio, and I plan on enjoying this time with them! :) Jeremy is at home working hard...as usual! He was going to bring us out, but we would've had to leave by Monday morning. I plan on staying a week or so! I'm so excited that I get to be here for my mom's birthday...no age named!! :) 29 again!! Hee Hee!! I'm also thrilled that my brother, Jason, is in from Chicago to visit with us!!
We went to O'Charley's this evening to eat supper together, and then we watched the fireworks from the Bigg's parking lot! Jeremiah was so excited to see the fireworks. Elijah was unimpressed...saying "these are stupid"! Isaiah managed to stay asleep until the last few fireworks.
I started this blog before we went to supper, and now we're back at mom and dad's. I'm definitely in Cincinnati...I'm sitting here with a pint of Graeter's Mocha Chip! I'm not saying I'm going to eat the whole pint, but then again.........maybe I will!! :) So awesome!!!
I am so happy to be back in my old stomping grounds! I'm looking forward to visiting family, shopping, eating at Skyline(a given), and having a blast with my boys! I've already made one shopping trip before I even got to Cincy! Mom met me at Polaris Mall...up above Columbus! I got to go on a "shopping spree" in Macy's with Mom's plastic! I tried to be reserved with the spending, and I greatly appreciated the gift and generosity of my mom!! She is the best mom anyone could ever ask for!! :) I got 3 tops, 1 pair of Capri's, and 3 skirts for under $70! They were having great deals, and I had a blast shopping in a "real" mall. The boys and my mom hit the play area for an hour and thoroughly enjoyed themselves!
Well I'm going into the living room to visit. Happy 4th!

1 comment:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Hey! Didn't know you were coming in! I'll be in touch...mom said something about a day trip down south next week, so who knows! Talk to ya soon!