Thursday, September 18, 2008

Papa and Mimi's visit

Jeremiah and Elijah looking forward to sharing their zucchini bread with Papa and Mimi
Mr. Ice Cream face and Jeremiah at Papa and Mimi's



Dad, Mom, and Jeremy's brother came over after church for dinner. I had Bruschetta on toasted Italian cheese bread for an appetizer. I fixed sweet potatoes, salad, cottage cheese, corn, cheesy broccoli-cauliflower, a relish tray(beets, sweet pickles, watermelon rind, and onions...all from my garden). Jeremy grilled hot dogs, brats, and chicken. I made mint tea to drink. I took a shortcut for dessert, and bought a coconut cake. We all had a wonderful afternoon and evening.


Dad, Jeremiah, Elijah, and Jeremy's brother(Justin) intense in their game of Battleship!

Jeremy, Elijah and Isaiah waiting for their food

Our one and only mexican restaurant is about 20 minutes away, and they have really good food! I ordered something new...called the El Combo. Everyone got a good laugh when it came out...2 HUGH plates of food. I had no idea it would be so big. Dad laughed his head off, and kept asking me if I was expecting someone else to join us for dinner. Needless to say, I got a box!
We enjoyed dad and mom coming to PA, but as always...too short. Even if they stayed a month, I would still think it's too short! The boys loved being at the cabin, and really had fun with Papa and Mimi. Hopefully...we can get a trip into Ohio before Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

DEN said...

Aww. Great pictures of the family! I'm sure the boys love Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma and Grandpa are a great uncle and aunt too! ( :
That food really looks appetizing. I'd definitely forsake being a vegetarian on that day....I'm not one anyways so what does it matter?

Mandy said...

Andrea, I've said before and I'll say it again...I LOVE stopping by. It is always an uplift.

I wanted to share how much I love the music. Four different times now I've either had a song I was looking for or just needed a spiritual refreshing, and there would be the song on your site!! Thank you for blessing me by being a blessing :)