Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Better is one day...

This past Sunday morning, one of our worship songs was "Better is one day". I've heard this song over and over before, but I never really took the words in. This past Sunday morning, my heart and my soul took the words of this song in. It talks about having 1 day in His house, and how it is better than a thousand elsewhere. When I really listened to this song, I found that thought pretty amazing. I've had some wonderful, exciting, fantastic days, weeks, and years in my life. It's hard to comprehend how 1 day, 24 hours, can be that amazing and awesome. When I started to think about those 24 hours in His house, I started to cry. My tears were tears of joy not sorrow, and I could feel how incredible it will be in His house. I want my life to be pleasing in His eyes, not the eyes of man. I want to dedicate my life to His passion and His purpose, not my own selfish ambitions. I want to feel how that 1 day will be better than a thousand elsewhere. Take time today to truly realize how wonderful, indescribable, and truly blessed that day will be in your life. Live your life for Jesus, and you will be able to experience the awesomeness of His love for you. Take a few minutes to listen and absorb the words of this song.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Andrea...Im so glad you have such a wondeful relationship with Christ. It is so inspiring to read your blog and to know that you are doing your best to live for Him. I love you so much and am so proud of you! Mom