Wednesday, August 13, 2008

County Fair Results


Apple butter-2nd place

Canned chicken-2nd place

Canned sauasage-3rd place

Peach Butter-1st place
Plums-3rd placeSpiced Fruit-Watermelon Rind-2nd place(very delicious)

Largest Vegetable-2nd place
The County Fair took place last week, and I entered for the 7th year in a row. This is one time each year that I really enjoy and look forward too. There are many different sections to enter, and it's fun! If you place 1st-4th, you win "premiums". With this years winnings, I have 86 ribbons...1st-3rd place. In the past, when I won for apple pie or pineapple upside down cake, I qualified for the state contest. Each winner represents their county at the state competition in Harrisburg at the Farm Show. I won 5th place in state for apple pie, and 4th place for the pineapple upside down cake. In fact, my mom googled my name and found this state competition with my picture and recipe. Technology at it's greatest! :) I have had so much fun doing this county fair, and I would encourage anyone who has interest to enter. Our county fair has a youth division as well, which is a great encourager for kids. I'm already thinking about next year, and what I can bring and do differently! :) This former "city" girl really has gone "country". :)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

YOU

GO

GIRL!!!!!!


P.S. How would I go about being one of the fortunate judges who get to taste all that yumminess???

Andrea said...

That would be fun! I may ask to do the same sometime! The building is packed full of yummies!

Anonymous said...

Who would have thought that my little niece could turn into such a "country" celebrity! This has been such fun reading your blog!
Aunt Ruth