Thursday, August 14, 2008

School Time Approaching

It's almost that time again. Jeremiah is going into the second grade, and Elijah is starting K4. Elijah is very excited to get started and "learn to read". Jeremiah is not excited about the cursive writing again this year. Abeka starts cursive at the K4 level. Jeremiah did very well last year with his writing...it's not as exciting to him as science and history!
We are starting next Monday. I 've been preparing lesson plans and getting everything together for the new school year. I've had my curriculum ready since June. Abeka sends everything pretty quickly. :)
The Dollar Tree is great for posters, borders, and classroom decorations. Plus, everything is $1.00! I use different posters, etc. throughout the school year. The boys really love to see class decorations around the room.
I'm very thankful for the "freedom" to homeschool. The boys are doing very well, and I really enjoy watching them learn and grow.

No comments: