Friday, May 2, 2008

A Day in the Life of a Mom...

So...it's about 8 p.m. on Friday evening, and I look the part for going to bed! I have my PJ's on, my hair wigged up, and bright, fuzzy yellow socks on! The funny part is...I've looked that way all day today. This actually is a rare event, but everyone has those days.
We had a great day of schooling, and everyone was in a upbeat mood. Somewhere between Phonics and Spelling, Jeremiah and I had a funny chat. He asked me if little girls can be trouble...I replied "sometimes"...then he asked if little boys can be trouble...again I replied "sometimes". He then asked "I wonder what kind I'll have, when I'm married?" Funny...being that he is only 6 years old. I told him "probably boys...it runs in this side of the family". He said "I think my wife and I will have 3 boys and then 3 girls. Will that be o.k. with you mommy?" I said "That will be great, but I think you had better get a job now and start working!" He kind of smirked, and then went back to his spelling list. It's amazing what thoughts run through those cute little heads!!
Jeremy came home about 1:30 p.m. for a quick lunch. (Pigs in a blanket and salad) He decided to take Jeremiah and Elijah with him on a landscape delivery. They were thrilled and practically ran out the door. I said "Love you, boys", but the door had closed! :) Anyhow, I looked at Isaiah and said "just you and me sweetie". His response...a smile, a squeal, and "yeah". Too cute. It is almost like he knew the house was his for the taking!! Needless to say we played and lounged and played some more.
I did make supper around 5 p.m.(salmon, veggies, salad). I also made some chocolate chip cookies for our new neighbors and of course my boys! Big hit!!!
I just got through cleaning up the kitchen, and decided it was time to clean myself up!!! This blog sidetracked me for a moment, but why not...it's fun!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Andrea...Laughed when I read that one! We can all relate to those days but unfortunately there are not enough of them. Your honesty is much appreciated...glad you are just you! Mom