Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Mulching Queen

Yes...that is what I'm calling myself after Saturday! Jeremy had a landscaping job he wanted to finish by this past Saturday. He really needed help to finish it, but he could not line anyone up for the job. I called him around 10 a.m., and asked if he needed anything. He asked if I could bring him some lunch. I got to the lumber mill around 10:30 with lunch, and I suggested I help finish the job. Jeremy said sure with a grin and chuckle. I knew he thought I wasn't up for the task. I think he forgot about all the times I've mowed, mulched, pulled weeds, etc. with him! :) The lumber mill is closed on Saturdays, so the kids had a blast covering themselves in dirt. I helped Jeremy finish the job, and ended working for about 5 hours. I shoveled, raked, pulled weeds, mulched how many loads, trimmed trees, etc.. Throughout the day, Jeremy got tickled at my mulching techniques/postures. Needless to say...he was glad to have the help. By the end of the day, the boys were covered in dirt, mud, sawdust, etc.. I took one look at them, and said...you boys are definitely riding home in daddy's truck. Hey...they took of running to his truck. Any chance they can get in riding in daddy's "big truck"...believe me they take it. I am chopped liver in comparison!!! :)
So...just remember...if you need mulch around your house....I'm the one to call!! Ha! Ha!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Im sure Jeremy appreciated the help! You guys can come on out here anytime...our mulch and weeds need attention NOW! HA Love you.Mom