Sunday, May 4, 2008

Days of Elijah

Today was an awesome day in PA!! The sun was shining, and it was just down right beautiful outside!! We went to church in the morning, which was great! Pastor was preaching on Elijah today. At one point he was talking about how Elijah was desperate for God's presence, and how he felt he just wanted to die. About 2 minutes later, our Elijah looked up at Jeremy and said "daddy, I don't want to die!". Funny how kids are really paying attention!

After church, we came home. I made lunch for us all(grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs). For the past month, Jeremy and I have been taking our new neighbor girls to church with us. They are 12 and 13, and they moved here about 2 months ago. They are very sweet girls, and have a huge desire to learn more about Jesus. Anyhow, they had gone to church this morning with us as well. After lunch the girls came over, and we made cookies and a apple pie together. We had a blast!! Jeremy and the boys were outside with the girls' stepdad and brother. The younger girl decided it would be fun to paint my nails. I humored her and let her...5 coats of nail polish later...2 coats hot pink...1 coat red stripe...1 coat glitter...and 1 coat hardener...they were done!! Needless to say, I should've taken a pic. We had to leave for church within about 15 minutes, so the nail polish had to come off. I think I would've need 2 hours for it to dry! :) HA! FUN!

We all went to District Assembly this evening at a neighboring Nazarene church. The service was awesome. We were celebrating 100 years for our district. The worship service was so powerful and wonderful!! FANTASTIC!! Our kids and the neighbor kids loved it. Jeremiah is so excited about Jesus, which is very touching for a parent. His sweet hand was up in the air praising God throughout most of the worship service. We would get done singing, and he would say "Glory to God" or "Hallelujah"! What a precious sight...he was so sincere!! We sang my favorite hymn tonight...And can it be. I love that song! The first time I can recall hearing it(at least that it took a hold to me) was back when I was around 9/10 years old. I was at Pilgrim Holiness Camp in Anderson, Indiana. I was with my uncle Don, aunt Ruth, Stephanie, Eric and Valerie. What fun days those were!! What powerful words "my chains fell off"! Even at that age, I could feel a understanding of what that meant. Now that I'm older and hopefully wiser :), it really holds true.
After we left the church service, we brought our neighbor's children home...and we settled in at home as well! Now everyone's sleeping, but myself!
Remember the One who has set your chains free, and praise Him for it today! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Andrea,
Your post left me misty-eyed! I had to fill out a list of my "favorites" for something the church is doing for Mother's Day. As I worked at the list yesterday evening, I felt sure it would be impossible to list my absolute favorite song...so many styles of music...so many lyrics...many favorites for different settings. All of the sudden it hit me...what had to be my favorite..."And Can It Be". And my favorite line? "My chains fell off!" My mind immediately went back to our days together at Pilgrim Camp. What memories! I'm thankful that I still feel the same thanksgiving and praise in my heart when our congregation sings this in worship. Thanks for sharing...it was precious!