Monday, May 5, 2008

Good Ole' Days

Anyone remember Pilgrim Holiness Youth Camp at Anderson, Indiana campgrounds? I am going to have to date myself by saying....15-20 years ago?????? Anyhow, this blog is in response to a comment made by my dear cousin Stephanie...AKA...MAC!!
The following are just a few of the wonderfully fun moments I shared with her there:
-the infamous whooper fights in the dorms...OUCH!
-the Stephanie Luvs ?/Andrea Luvs ? walls in the dorms...changed every year or was it week?
-your dad's wonderful songs regarding those names on that wall...soooo embarrassing! :)
-the shaving cream in the high heels of those we loved not as much
-hiding in the camp's bus from "campus police"
-pulling our bunk's together to make one big "fort"
-your mom's awesome food...and her love for Hershey's Chocolate Bars
-the dish washing room water fights with the hoses...and they thought we were responsible?!
-The Victory Trio...LUV them...."How the fire did fall, as the saints touched heaven...at the old camp meeting...how I loved to be there!" (remember that one?)
-the fun softball games
-laying on the grass across the bridge...hiding from "campus police"...their flashlights shining on us...hoping we would not be caught...and hoping they would not page "Don Nichols to the camp office...to pick up your delinquent daughter and niece!"
-my trip to the altar every night, because I was being mean to you that week!!
-all the wonderful preaching, music, and spirit filled services we were in
-many more stories, but I will choose not to embarrass us further! :)

I loved my summers at that campground. They made quite an impression on me then and now. We had a BLAST!!!

4 comments:

Greg & Stephanie said...

OK - I'm thinkin' it's time for you to come stay with me for a few days at camp this year!

Greg & Stephanie said...

Oh, and if I get real ambitious...I may have to scan in some of those 35 mm pics of the good 'ole days and post 'em to my blog! I'll be careful...nothing embarrasing, of course!

Adam & Val & Aubrey & Annie said...

Good 'ol Anderson....loved that place! Oh, and I enjoyed reading all your memories. I must say that I share some of those....only a *few* years later!

Sarah said...

Im not sure how this blogging is going to pan out between you and Stephanie...you guys could really humiliate each other if you pull out the pictures!Ha Oh well...we will see...huh?