Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Over the Weekend


Jeremiah helping to clean the camper!


Elijah having fun...not cleaning the camper!

Isaiah ready to eat pancakes at Perkins.





Elijah and Jeremiah showing some brotherly love.



Isaiah...Hey...crayons are fun and sometimes tasty!



Friday-The Christian Homeschooling Association of Pennsylvania held it's 22nd annual homeschool convention on Friday and Saturday. My alarm went off at 5 a.m....and the day began! We arrived in Harrisburg, at the Farm Show Complex, at 8:20 a.m.. The first speaker started at 8:30!! We made it just in time, and in pouring down rain!! So much for the nice hair day!! Ha! We all looked like a bunch of drowned rats!! I have to say...my hairspray held up pretty well through it all!! Shout out for ....Big Sexy Hair Hairspray...job well done!!
Anyhow, we had a great time together. Isaiah was a bit unenthused about all the seminars, but he did well. Jeremiah and Elijah loved seeing all the kids and all the fun things to do at the convention. Jeremy and I ordered Jeremiah's second grade curriculum, and Elijah's K4 curriculum. Elijah was very excited to be starting school. He loves sitting with Jeremiah everyday to learn. We though we'd go ahead and start him early in K, especially with his interest!
The speakers were the best yet at the convention! I was so encouraged by the seminars. I almost felt like I had been to revival!! Awesome!! The convention was just another wonderful reminder of why we are homeschooling the boys! God has truly blessed our family over the years, and I know He is guiding us in a uplifting adventure of His grace and mercy. We saw many familiar faces, and met some new ones too.
After leaving the convention, we decided to go over to Broad Street Market. It is located in urban Harrisburg. It's a blend of a farmer's market atmosphere and a international food court. I love going to get my Indian food! LUV it!!!!!! Jeremy got a Vietnamese noodle bowl with bean sprouts(healthy!). The boys wanted some down home mac and cheese, and they got it. I got Lamb Curry, which was AWESOME!!! We do not have any international foods in our town, unless you consider Taco Bell to fit that bill!! HA!! Our town mainly consists of Subs, hoagies, and more subs!! Such the variety!
Anyhow...we had a blast!! Before we left, we had a unexpected invitation!! There is a restaurant called Tep's seafood in the market. It's basically a down home, southern, deep fried, lard and butter friendly food vendor! They have collard greens, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese and more cheese, coleslaw, deeply fried fish with the bones, and good ole .99 cent white bread and butter served with every meal! You get the picture! I asked a group of regulars what fish they thought was best!? They told me the whiting or flounder! The one man graciously and quickly offered us some of his fish off his plate. I politely said no thanks, but that was not going to happen with this man. He said...go on...take you some of this fish...go on now. His friend said...you better take what he is offering...because he's liable to change his mind...he's tight! His styrofoam container was right in my face, so how could I decline! :) I reached in and pinched a piece off!! It was GOOD and fattening!! Yummy!! I laughed later, when I replayed the event in my head. I said to Jeremy...where else would you find someone to share their food off their plate with you!! He should be glad I wash my hands frequently!! :)

2 comments:

Greg & Stephanie said...

Hey! Looks like you are having a wonderful spring! Glad the homeschool convention was fun. I would love to go sometime, just to enjoy it! The ACE conventions (student and staff) are like that...definitely "soul" food.
By the way...we need a pic or two of you on here! I miss your pretty face!!!

Andrea said...

I guess I need to have Jeremiah snap a few of me! You may not miss it...once you see it again! :)